Booking is quick and easy on our website. If you have any problems our Box Office will be available Monday to Friday on email firstname.lastname@example.org to help with any queries. If you have booked with us before, you will already have an account with us. To book online you will need to log into your account using the email address we hold for you and the password that you created. If you have forgotten your password you can create a new one during the booking process.
Book Using Theatre Tokens
To book using Theatre Tokens please email email@example.com and we will organise your booking for you. Unfortunately Theatre Tokens cannot be redeemed online.
For all shows up until 20 June we will be operating a socially distanced seating plan. This allows approximately one third of the seating capacity of the theatre to be booked, therefore leaving plenty of space between you and other customers. The auditorium has been divided into socially distanced ‘bubbles’. In order to book you must select ALL seats within that bubble. While social distancing is in place we will also be operating dedicated entrances according to where your seat is in the theatre.
If your group size is too large or too small for the bubbles which are available please contact the Box Office firstname.lastname@example.org
For shows from 22 June onwards, providing all Covid restrictions have been lifted, we will return to a full seating plan with no social distancing in place. If, however, you would like to return to the theatre after that point and feel anxious or concerned about returning, please contact the Box Office email@example.com and we will do our best to find a seat which makes you feel comfortable.
When you book tickets you will receive an email confirmation of your booking.
Your e-tickets will be sent via email approx. 1 week before the event. The e-ticket can be printed and shown when you arrive at the theatre for your booked event or can be shown on an electronic device such as a smartphone or ipad. You can log into your account on our website at anytime and view your booking and access your e-ticket. You can also update your contact details, payment cards and contact preferences.
Exchanging & Returning Tickets (Temporary Covid Policy)
We understand that the future is still very uncertain so we want to provide you with as much flexibility and reassurance as we can, whilst ensuring the financial stability of the theatre.
If you, or any of the ticket holders in your party, are unable to attend a performance due to Coronavirus that you have purchased tickets for, you will be entitled to request a refund as follows:
- More than 48 hours before the performance start time you can request a full refund which can be taken in the form of theatre credit (which can be used against any future production at Theatre Royal or as payment for Theatre Royal workshops within 2 years of the date of issue), a refund to the original payment card or donated back to the theatre. Refunds to the original payment method will be subject to a £1.75 handling fee per ticket.
- Within 48 hours of the performance start time this refund will be issued in the form of credit on your theatre account which can be used against any future production at Theatre Royal or as payment for Theatre Royal workshops within 2 years of the date of issue.
Cancelled or Rescheduled Performances (Temporary Covid Policy)
In the event that a performance is cancelled by us (for whatever reason) but is rescheduled to a new date. All existing bookings will automatically be transferred to the new date. All bookers will be contacted by email informing them of the new date and, at that point, they will have the option to accept the new performance date or request a full refund. This can be taken in the form of theatre credit (which can be used against any future production at Theatre Royal or as payment for Theatre Royal workshops within 2 years of the date of issue), a refund to the original payment card or donated back to the theatre.
In the event that a performance is cancelled by us (for whatever reason) and cannot be rescheduled we will offer all ticket holders a full refund. This can be taken in the form of theatre credit (which can be used against any future production at Theatre Royal or as payment for Theatre Royal workshops within 2 years of the date of issue),a refund to the original payment card or donated back to the theatre.
Refunds for Cash or Cheque Purchases (Temporary Covid Policy)
Refunds for tickets purchased in person at the Box Office using cash or cheque will be made by Bank Transfer.
Attending The Theatre During a Pandemic (Temporary Covid Policy)
It is the responsibility of us all to do what we can to limit the spread of viruses. Please do not attend the theatre if any of the following applies:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- you have tested positive for coronavirus
- someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms and you’ve been in close contact with them since their symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started
- someone in your support bubble tested positive and you’ve been in close contact with them since they had the test or in the 48 hours before their test
- you’ve been told you’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive
- you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk – see GOV.UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
Social Distancing is currently in place at the theatre. Please adhere to the following guidelines to make your visit as enjoyable as possible
- all audience members over the age of 12 will be required to wear a mask when moving around the theatre building (unless medically exempt). Masks can be removed when seated watching the performance.
- try to stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with (or anyone not in your support bubble)
- wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser when you enter and exit the building
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
Theatre Royal Credit
Theatre Credit must be used within 2 years from date of issue and can be used against any future production at Theatre Royal or as payment for Theatre Royal workshops. Credit can be redeemed online. To view or use your credit simply log into your Theatre Royal account on the website www.theatreroyal.org and go to VIEW ACCOUNT and then ACCOUNT CREDIT. When you are ready to book using your credit, put the tickets that you would like purchase into your basket and at the point of payment you will be given the option to pay or part-pay using your available credit.
For group bookings (10 or more people) we are happy to hold tickets for 7 days while you confirm the arrangements with the rest of the group. After 7 days payment for the booking will be required to secure the tickets. If more than 14 days passes with no payment and no contact, the tickets will be released and available for resale.
For school booking this reservation period can be extended to allow for parent confirmation and payment to be collated but payment must be made no later than 7 days before the date of the performance.
All reservations must be made through the Box Office. Reservations cannot be made online.
We do not charge booking or credit card fees but if you would like to add a donation to support our work it would be most appreciated.
We regret to inform that we are unable to look after bags or luggage during performances due to having no secure cloakroom. Therefore, for security reasons we ask audiences to avoid bringing bulky items with them. We do have a rail to the left of the Box Office where you are more than welcome to leave any coats and/or umbrellas, however, please be aware that this is not a secured area and leaving any items here is at your own risk.
Our ticket prices are subject to change as the theatre fills, so book early to secure your favourite seats at the best possible price.
To ensure the best experience for our audiences and actors on stage, often the Upper Circle and Gallery are not offered for sale until the pit and dress circle are sold. To encourage having the front of the auditorium full and to offer good seats at accessible prices, tickets in the front of the auditorium are often priced at £10.50 each.
Some seats offer a restricted view, when booking there will be an icon over the seats which you can hover over for more information.
We will do our best to seat late arrivals safely but it may be necessary to wait until the interval.
Customers With Access Needs
Wheelchair users and customers requiring assistance should contact the Box Office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you find the seat most suitable for your needs.