Whether you are travelling by car or public transport, you will find all the information you need to ensure a smooth journey into Bury St Edmunds, and most importantly to Theatre Royal.
Visiting By Road
- Bury St Edmunds is located just off the A14 east of Cambridge and west of Ipswich. From the Midlands or the East Coast, follow the A14.
- From London, take the M25 and M11/A11 then A14 heading east (sign-posted Newmarket/Ipswich/Felixstowe).
- Approaching from the west, take the third exit for Bury St Edmunds and turn right at the large roundabout towards the town centre.
- Approaching from the east, take the first exit for Bury St Edmunds and turn left at the traffic lights towards the town centre.
- Go straight over the mini-roundabout and then right at the next roundabout into Southgate Street.
- Follow the road for 500 yards and you will join the one-way system (Maynewater Lane). Go up the hill and turn to the left into Westgate Street.
- The theatre is on your left, opposite the Greene King Brewery Museum.
Bury St Edmunds Railway Station is on Station Hill and is a 20-minute walk from the theatre, connecting to Cambridge, Ipswich and the London-Norwich line.
The Bus Station is on St Andrews Street North, a 10-minute walk from the theatre. In addition to local services, it is serviced by National Express coach connections from all over the country.
- A1 Cars: 01284 766777
- Premier Cars: 01284 704004
- United Cars: 01284 762288